This Warm Fig and Prosciutto Goat Cheese Dip is not your typical appetizer and you will probably not find it at your local bar in-between the nachos and moz sticks. It is a little sweet and savory in a warm little delicious goat cheese blanket. Serve with crackers so people are not using their fingers to spoon it out because believe me, they will want to. Enjoy this bastard!
- 8oz goat cheese, softened to room temperature
- 4oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3-4oz prosciutto, chopped
- 1 cup (12oz) fig jam (or less, depends on taste)
- Crackers for dipping, we like a good Triscit or Club Cracker
Optional – 2 Tablespoons pistachios, chopped up to put on top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine goat cheese and cream cheese in a bowl or food processor then whip with beaters or process until smooth.
- Fold in prosciutto.
- Spread mixture into a baking dish
- Spread fig jam on top.You can use the entire cup or sparingly. Personally I didn’t want to overwhelm it so used it sparingly and I think that worked best. You can always add a little more and put back in the over for a few minutes.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until warmed through
- Optional: Sprinkle pistachios on top
- Serve with crackers (dip is best warm or even room temperature vs piping hot.)
Like this Warm Fig and Prosciutto Goat Cheese Dip recipe? Check out some more appetizer recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose