Healthy Breakfast Burritos. Craving Mexican food but not the fat and calories that accompany your favorite dish? These breakfast burritos are the perfect alternative. Use egg whites instead of regular eggs to cut back on fat and cholesterol and flavor as desired with salsa.
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 egg whites
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup fat-free cheese
- 1/4 cup rinsed canned beans (such as pinto beans or black beans)
- Salsa (to taste)
1. Spray vegetable cooking spray into a frying pan.
2. Scramble the egg whites in the pan and cook to the desired degree of doneness.
3. Place the cooked eggs on the tortillas.
4. Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs.
5. Place the beans over the cheese and eggs.
6. Roll each tortilla into a wrap.
7. Microwave for 30 seconds.
8. Spoon salsa on top.