A healthy side dish… The good news is after eating this you won’t feel bad when you tank that carton of ice cream late night while watching Golden Girls reruns.
- 1 large head of cauliflower (6-7″ dia) , separated into florets
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 TBS dried parsley
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower florets, olive oil, garlic, dried parsley, salt and pepper, and dried thyme. Stir to combine.
- Dump mixture onto a large baking sheet and distribute so the florets aren’t over crowded. (If the florets are not spread out, the cauliflower will steam and not get that beautiful golden color)
- Place baking sheet into preheated oven and roast the florets for 25 – 30 minutes, or until the florets are browned and softened, stirring half way through cooking time.
- When cauliflower is done roasting, take the pan out and push the cauliflower toward the center of the pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Turn oven to broil and place under broil for a few minutes to melt the cheese. Serve hot.