Pasta Primavera is a classic pasta dish that combines a mixture of colorful vegetables and a simple lemon Parmesan cream sauce. It is a favorite dish during the spring and summer months because it is made with lots of vegetables, a light lemon cream sauce, Parmesan cheese, and fresh herbs. It is light, refreshing, colorful, and mega delicious…. not to mention decently healthy. Feel free to use your favorite vegetables or whatever vegetables you have in your garden or refrigerator. You want to use a mix of colorful, fresh vegetables, but there really are no rules… beyond this recipe, you can use peas, asparagus, mushrooms, squash, etc… The more the better. Maybe even some shrimp if you want some meat.
- 1 pound linguine pasta (or spaghetti)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced in ½ inch pieces. You can also use shredded for smaller pieces.
- ½ head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise then cut into ¼ inch slices.
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeds removed then sliced into ¼ inch strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeds removed then sliced into ¼ inch strips
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, seeds removed then sliced into ¼ inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- lemon zest if you have it
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons basil paste (or ¼ cup chopped fresh basil)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions. You might start this a little after starting to cook your veggies.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add diced carrots to heated oil. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until carrots are softened.
- Add broccoli and zucchini to skillet. Stir and cook another 3 minutes.
- Add all the bell peppers. Continue to cook and stir vegetables for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in minced garlic and basil paste (or fresh basil). Add lemon zest as well. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper. Turn heat off and remove skillet from burner.
- Drain water from linguine. Return linguine back to the pot and add the cooked vegetables, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Season again with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm with extra basil and Parmesan cheese.
Like this Pasta Primavera recipe? Check out some more pasta recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!