This Fig, Caramelized Onions and Blue Cheese Pizza is the Batman to Joker… Basically the winner and superhero in the custom pizza world. Take a few of these uncommon ingredients and slap them on top of a pizza crust. Now you are a professional chef ready to take on all food losers. Show them that a little creativity can go a long way and that their significant other is not safe around you and your sheer food magnetism. They will be naturally drawn to you and there is nothing they can do about it. When they finally break down and ask you to show them how to cook this blue cheese pizza so they aren’t left desperate and alone, you can show them this recipe and sit back. The world will be better because you discovered Tasty Bastard.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- Kosher salt
- 1 ball pizza dough (or store bought dough)
- Fig jam
- ¾ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Optional… balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350… no shit.
- Melt the butter in pan over med-high heat and add some olive oil as well. Add the sliced onions, thyme and bay leaves. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring often, until the onions begin to wilt. Add a sprinkle of salt.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions have softened and turn a deep, golden brown, about 25 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove the bay leaves because no one wants to eat those gross bastards.
- Cover pizza dough with the toppings… spread fig jam, then add the caramelized onions and finally the blue cheese.
- Put pizza in the oven until the crust has browned and cheese is a little melted.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil (maybe a little balsamic vinegar if you are feeling saucy) and some cracked black pepper.
Like this Fig, Caramelized Onions and Blue Cheese Pizza recipe? Check out some more pizza recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!