Unpredictability is usually what makes things so exciting. Yes, that applies to food as well as your horrible love life. So take your standard predictable pizza and shove it… this cherry, goat cheese and arugula pizza is as delicious and it is unpredictably tasty. It is the car thief of your love life, the one you can’t quit. The one that you didn’t know you wanted in your life but after you get it once, you keep going back. Simple to make and exceptionally good… this healthy cherry pizza recipe is ready for your next date night with the car thief that has a heart of gold.
- 1/2 pound pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, smashed
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven
- While the oven is heating add the balsamic vinegar, honey, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until it has reduced to about 3 tablespoons and is thick and syrupy.
- In another small saucepan heat the tablespoon of oil then add in the smashed clove of garlic. Remove the oil from the heat and let the garlic infuse the oil for a few minutes.
Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface then transfer it to an oiled sheet, stretching and reshaping it if necessary.
- Brush the top of the dough with half of the garlic infused oil.
- Brush the top of the pizza dough with the garlic oil.
- Cook Pizza dough for half the time, take it out of the oven.
- Scatter the goat cheese crumbles and cherries over the top of the pizza.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes then remove from the grill.
- Top with the arugula, balsamic drizzle, and salt and pepper to taste.
Like this Cherry Pizza recipe? Check out some more vegetarian recipes HERE.
You Made it to the end! Your reward is a link to awesome T-Shirts. HERE!