No, your local fast food place will not serve sweet potato fries. Not because they are not delicious. But because most people want to eat unhealthy and don’t care about the long term effects of fatty foods. But let’s take a step back here. We love fatty foods too, just check out or dessert section on this website. But moderation is keep and making a few small changes can have big effects on your long term health. For example, if you eat fries 3 times a week, maybe make one of those the sweet potato variety. You get a nice change for your taste buds and eat a little bit healthier. They are just as simple as regular fries.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oven to 425.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into sticks 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide and 3 inches long, and toss them with the oil.
- Mix the spices, salt and pepper in a small bowl, and toss them with the sweet potatoes. Spread them out on 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake until brown and crisp on the bottom, about 15 minutes, then flip and cook until the other side is crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Optional broil for 10 minutes to get that extra crisp
Like this Sweet Potato Fries recipe? Check out some more side dish recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!