Black Bean Tacos With Avocado-Lime Sauce are a great vegetarian recipe that is perfect for a weeknight dinner and doesn’t include many ingredients. These crunchy tacos filled with pblack beans and melty cheese are seriously addictive… basically the heroine of food. The avocado lime sauce is mega badass and you can add as many or as little ingredients to the actual taco as you see fit. A simple vegetarian meal that kids, teens and adults will love! Pretty simple to put together and brings a good amount of southwestern flavor to the meal. Make no mistake, the best thing about this meal is the avocado lime sauce… Think of it as a cross between cilantro-lime dressing and guacamole. It’s perfect for dipping these tacos, or as a topping for burritos or salads.
For the Tacos:
- 3 cups Best Ever Mexican Black Beans (click link for recipe)
- 3/4 cups Mexican cheese blend
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4-6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- Any other ingredient you like such as tomatoes, lettuce or salsa
For the Sauce:
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, thick stems removed
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded if desired
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
Make the Sauce:
- Add all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Make the Black Bean Tacos:
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add two tortillas to the skillet and allow them to heat in the oil for about 10 seconds. This gives a little firmness at the start.
- Cover one side of each tortilla with 1/4 cup of beans, and top beans with 1 tablespoon Mexican Cheese Blend. We like to add cheese first, then beans, then cheese again. You can add any other ingredients you want as well like tomatoes, lettuce or french fries.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold the tortilla in half, on top of itself and press down with the spatula to shape the taco.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, then using a spatula flip the tacos and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- Continue the process until all the tacos are done, adding additional oil as the pan dries out.
- Serve immediately.
Like this Black Bean Tacos With Avocado-Lime Sauce Recipe? Check out some more vegetarian recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!