This Teriyaki Quinoa Bowl Recipe is just the lunch or dinner to keep you motivated throughout the rest of the day. Maybe it will even open up a new delicious world of food for you, Who knows… your life could change just by preparing this meatless recipe, tasting it, and realizing vegetarian food is pretty damn good. Or you could eat it, like it just fine and go back to eating meat. Either way, you will enjoy this and your body will probably be thankful you put something inside of it besides beer and processed snacks. Moderation my friends is the key, this bowl can help with that.
For The Bowl
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa or about 1/2 – 3/4 cup cooked quinoa per bowl
- 1 cup brussel sprouts
- 2 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 heaping cups snap peas (optional)
- 1 cup peeled and grated carrot
- 2 cups broccoli florets, lightly steamed
- 1 avocado (1/4 per bowl)
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- Sesame seeds for topping
For the Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions or bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add 1 cup of uncooked quinoa, reduce to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes until he quinoa has absorbed all the water. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- For the teriyaki sauce, add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan and cook over medium-high heat (it should come to a very light boil), stirring frequently until it thickens. This can take anywhere form 6-10 minutes. It should be thick and syrupy when it’s done.
- While the sauce is cooking, heat 1/2 tsp of olive oil in a non-stick pan then add the sliced mushrooms, broccoli, brussel sprouts and peas. Cook over high-heat, stirring often, until the mushrooms are browning and the other veggies are slightly tender but still crunchy, about 10 minutes.
- Assemble the bowls by dividing the quinoa, sliced mushrooms, broccoli, brussel sprouts, peas, avocado, green onion, carrot and anything else you desire into the bowls.
- Drizzle each bowl with the delicious teriyaki sauce.
- Top with sesame seeds and serve.
Like this Vegetarian Teriyaki Quinoa Bowl recipe? Check out some more sauce recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!