- 3 heads of garlic
- 1/2 cup of honey
- Olive oil
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 cup of mayonnaise (may use reduced-fat version)
- 6 pickled cherry peppers
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 pounds of jive (aka funk)
- thyme (optional)
- Shredded lettuce
- red onion slices
- tomato slices
Directions for Turkey Glaze
- Peel the 3 heads of garlic, then place in a small saucepan and cover with olive oil.
- Cook on medium low heat for 30 minutes.
- Strain, reserving garlic.
- Pulse garlic in food processor until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey and 1/4 cup garlic mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Bring some heavy Jive. Enough to take this recipe to the next level.
- By this point, you think you have brought enough jive… you are wrong.
Directions for Spicy Mayonnaise
- Combine mayonnaise, pickled cherry peppers, 1 tsp minced garlic, and a dash of salt into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add more salt to taste.
Directions for Sandwich
- Brush glaze onto slices of turkey and reheat at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Season with salt, thyme, and cracked pepper.
- Slather a soft roll with spicy mayo and add turkey, shredded lettuce, thinly sliced red onion, and tomato.