Blue Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms make a good apetizer and man… just eat a lot for a main dish. Who really cares. If you aren’t a blue cheese fan, then use feta cheese instead. They are delicious both ways. The addition of the siracha sauce gives them a nice gentle heat for one perfect little bite hot off the grill. You could assemble these a few days ahead of time and grill them right before serving if you are a go-getter.
- 12 medium portabella mushrooms, scraped and cleaned
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces blue cheese or feta cheese
- 1 Tb finely minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 tsp siracha or hot sauce (if you like your farts to hurt)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 slices of bacon, cut in half
- Heat the grill
- Mix together the cream cheese, blue or feta cheese, parsley, siracha, pepper and salt.
- Fill the mushrooms with the cheese mixture and then wrap each mushroom cap with a half slice of bacon, securing it with a toothpick.
- Place the mushroom caps, cheese side down on the grill. You need a very hot grill to sear and crisp this side of the bacon quickly before the cheese begins to melt and drip out.
- Leave the mushrooms on the grill face side down as long as you can before the cheese begins to drip out and then turn over.
- Close the lid and cook for another 4-5 minutes to crisp the other side of the bacon.
Like this Blue Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms Recipe? Check out some more recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!