Artichoke Cheese Flatbread is an easy week night meal or a solid party appetizer. This recipe is a nice starting place for ingredients but can feel free to add what you have on hand like bell peppers, zucchini, jalapenos (if you want your farts to hurt) or even some chicken to make it hearty. Using a premade crust helps a lot and you can usually find one that is moderately tasty. Will you get many compliments on it as opposed to homemade, no. But it will work and frankly the toppings are what makes the dish. So enjoy this easy bastard!
- 1 can pizza crust or puff pastry
- 1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup pesto
- Lemon zest
- Basil or cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Optional cooked chicken
- Preheat oven to 400
- Roll out pizza crust, roll thin and cut into 2 longer pieces
- Put in oven and bake for 6-7 minutes (not done but starting to brown)
- Pull out and add olive oil, pesto, shaved parm, artichokes, capers, moz cheese, more parm cheese, and top with lemon zest, salt and pepper and if you want, basil or cilantro.
- If you want to step it up, you can add some cooked chicken but obviously you can’t call the dish vegetarian, which is fine. Unless you are eating with militant vegetarians and will punch meat eaters…. Then watch yourself.
- Put back in over and cook for 6-7 more minutes until cheese is melted and crust is cooked.
Like this Artichoke Cheese Flatbread recipe? Check out some more vegetarian recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose