Here is a tasty little bastard great for an app or suck it up and eat a few for dinner.
1 cup Gold Medal® Self-Rising Flour
1/2 teaspoon granulated white sugar
pinch of salt (whatever the shit that means)
2/3 cup 2% Greek Yogurt
3 tablespoons prepared pesto
3/4 cup chopped pepperoni
3/4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (or mixed mozzarella & Parmesan), divided
pizza or smooth marinara sauce, warmed
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees… and announce to everyone to get ready for food domination.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and salt. Mix in the yogurt and continue to stir and mix until the ingredients are well-combined and forming a dough. Turn out the dough onto a well-floured surface. Knead a bit until the dough comes together well, sprinkling in more flour if needed. Roll the dough into a rectangle (about 9×14-inches).
3. Spoon the pesto onto the rolled out dough, using the bottom of a spoon to spread it out evenly. Sprinkle with the chopped pepperoni. Top with 1/2 cup cheese.
4. Carefully roll up the dough into a log. It will be a little soft and precarious. Use a sharp knife to cut about 1/2-inch slices. Hold the sliced roll together with your fingers while you transfer it to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining slices.
5. Bake 20 minutes, or until cooked through and lightly browned. Serve warm with sauce.
6. Eat while watching Step Brothers