I made this last night for a holiday party I attended and it was really yummy. The guests seemed to really enjoy it. However this definately tastes better served warm as it got cold sitting out it was not as good, still good but not as good.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10.5-oz.) goat cheese log
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8.5-oz.) loaf French bread baguette, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup honey
- Place pecans in a single layer in a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in onion and sugar. Cook, stirring often, 20 to 25 minutes or until onions are caramel colored. Add garlic, and cook 2 more minutes. Remove from heat, and let stand 30 minutes.
- Process onion mixture, goat cheese, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor 30 to 45 seconds or until ingredients are well blended and smooth. Spread mixture evenly onto cut sides of bread. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated and edges are lightly browned. Cut into 1-inch slices. Drizzle evenly with honey, and sprinkle with toasted pecans.