Caprese pizza is an easy dinner ready in about 30 minutes. Made with basil, tomatoes and mozzarella, this pizza is a crowd pleaser. Here is the deal, the type of mozzarella that you use will maake a big difference in taste. If you can fine some homemade or fresh moz, it will really enhance the pizza. If not, that is fine as well (that is what we used). But one you try the good homemade cheese, you will not be able to go back. Kind of like that high end prostitute you met in Vegas on spring break. It was expensive but made a lasting impression for all other trips. Eat well you bastards.
- 1 lb pizza dough store bought or homemade
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 large tomatoes sliced
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh basil
- 8 oz mozzarella sliced or shredded
- 2 tablespoon balsamic glaze (balsamic and olive oil 50/50)
- Any other toppings you might like… onions, beef, etc…
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Coat the pizza pan with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll out the pizza dough and place it on the pizza pan.
- Brush the dough with oil and garlic.
- Cook the dough for 5-7 minutes and get back out of oven.
- Top the dough with tomato, basil and mozzarella slices.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the dough is cooked and the cheese is melted.
- Drizzle some balsamic glaze on the pizza, slice and serve immediately.
Like this Caprese Pizza recipe? Check out some more beef recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!