This Pomegranate, Cranberry and Brie Bruschetta is obviously different than your standard tomato one. This is very bright and fresh and most likely different than you have had before. It is relatively simple to put together, just have to find these ingredients which might be a little seasonal or have to go to a health food market. Don’t be afraid of pomegranate seeds, they are very good. Either way, enjoy this bright bastard!
- ¾ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup fresh or frozen chopped cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Dash salt
- 6 ounces baguette-style French bread, cut diagonally into 16 slices
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) log brie cheese, cut diagonally into 16 slices
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil (you can use dried if need be)
- Combine pomegranate seeds, cranberries, sugar, orange zest, and salt in a small bowl. Cover and chill up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bread slices in a parchment paper-lined baking pan.
- Lightly coat both sides of bread with cooking spray; sprinkle with pepper. Bake 8 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from oven.
- Top with cheese. Bake 4 minutes more or until cheese is softened.
- Stir basil into pomegranate mixture and spoon on top of bruschetta. Serve warm.
Like this Pomegranate, Cranberry and Brie Bruschetta recipe? Check out some more appetizer recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose