Bake some potatoes, shred those bastards on a box grater, and stir them up with some Parmesan cheese, roasted garlic, and a sprinkle of sea salt. Then hand form them into nuggets and bake them into crispy tot perfection.
3 large red potatoes (1 1/2 pounds)
2 cloves of roasted garlic
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 dash freshly ground sea salt
Olive oil for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Scrub the potatoes clean and roast until they are fork tender. Cool them rapidly by plunging them in ice water. Change the water, and repeat, until the potatoes are cool.
- Shred the potatoes on the large holes of a box grater. You can peel them first; I didn’t. You might be able to sub hasbrowns if you want to be labeled a cheating bastard.
- Place the other ingredients into the bowl with the grated potatoes and use a fork to fully combine everything.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and rub it with a layer of olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Using about a teaspoon of the potato mixture, form it into a cylinder about 1 inch long. Place on baking sheet and repeat until all the tots are made.
- Bake about 35 to 40 minutes, turning once about 20 minutes into the cooking time.
- Serve with ketchup.