Well this mini Italian skewers appetizer is super easy… as a matter of fact if you can’t grasp it, maybe you shouldn’t be around ovens and microwaves. You don’t even have to cook anything, just put a few ingredients together and there you have it.
- 1 (8-9 ounce) package of refrigerated cheese tortellini
- Approximately 50 salami slices (usually 2 small packages)
- About 50 cubes of sharp white cheddar (I just buy a block and cut it into 1/4 inch thick pieces)
- 1 bottle of your favorite Italian salad dressing
- 1 (6 ounce) can or jar of medium olives (green, black, pimiento stuffed, kalamata, or a combination– your choice!)
- Cook the tortellini according to the package directions (about 4 minutes). You do not want to overcook them! They’re more likely to fall apart if they’re too soft.
- After cooking, drain the water and let the tortellini cool on the counter for about 10 minutes before placing them in a large ziplock bag or bowl. Dump the entire bottle of Italian dressing in with the tortellini, and let them marinade for at least 2 hours (or overnight) in the refrigerator.
- On each toothpick, thread the marinated tortellini, salami, cheese slices, and olives however you would like.
- Arrange the skewers on a platter, and watch as these mini Italian skewers bastards quickly disappear!