More of a “pico de gallo”, this salsa recipe is very simple and authentic. It is chunky and delicious (not unlike I have been described by many occasions). It is crucial that you get quality ingredients. Tomatoes from the garden are best but romas from the store work well also. Fresh is always best when it comes to amazing salsa.
- 3 tomatoes, chopped and drained if you don’t like a watery salsa
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 Jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Stir together tomatoes, onion, chili peppers, garlic, cilantro, salt, and lime juice. Grind a little pepper in that badboy as well.
- Chill for one hour in the refrigerator before serving.
1. This will make a lot of juice, FYI. Drain the tomatoes if you don’t like that.
2. You can add tomato paste to make it more of a salsa instead of a Pico De Gallo
3. If you like your taste buds burnt, add more pepper, maybe even some Serranos.
4. You should watch The Wire on HBO. It is a little old school but man some really good story telling. 5 seasons to binge so buy some chips for this salsa and go to won some weekend.
Need some appetizer recipe ideas? Check this out.