This Carne Asada Tacos recipe aligns with our quest to find the best and authentic tacos for an easy dinner. This recipe does that well. We have no amazing Mexican grandmother to teach us delicious recipes so we have had to learn along the way. Some hits and misses have led us to this taco. It is simple with only a few ingredients but the marinated steak adds a burst of flavor and you can add what you want to the rest. Enjoy this almost authentic bastard!
For The Marinade
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (optional if you want your farts to hurt)
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak (or your choice of steak)
For the Tacos
- 3 tbsp cotija cheese
- 1/3 cup onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Tortillas (we like flour but corn is fine)
- 2 avocados (optional)
For The Marinade
- In a medium bowl, combine cilantro, olive oil, soy sauce, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, cumin and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine steak and cilantro mixture; marinate for at least 4 hours to overnight, turning the steak occasionally. Drain the steak from the marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. (Can also cook in pan but grill is better)
- Cook steak until desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium rare. If you want your steak well done please stop reading this. You are not allowed to read our blog anymore.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain.
Assemble Carne Asada Tacos
- Once meat is done, warn up some tortillas.
- Add on steak, cilantro, cotija cheese, onions, and anything else you might like… Jalapenos, sour cream, avacados, corn, etc…
- Juice a lime wedge on each one.
Like this Carne Asada Tacos recipe? Check out some more chicken recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose