Ground Turkey Teriyaki Rice Bowl is a very easy meal and is something just a little different from your standard ground beef/pork. It is considered healthier as well so that is a plus if your ass is thicc and you want it less thicc. You can also use some veggies that you have on hand as well like corn, mushrooms, whatever you are feeling. The teriyaki sauce is sweet so go lightly to start but this dish is light and tastes pretty good. Enjoy this healthy bastard!
Ground Turkey Bowl
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1 cup snap snow peas
- 2 large carrots peeled and grated
- 2 green onions diced, for garnish
- 4 cups cooked white or brown rice divided
- 1 Cup Teriyaki Sauce (You can use premade or make your own. Recipe is below)
Teriyaki Sauce (if you want to make your own)
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or less as desired
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or less as desired
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced onions and cook until soft.
- Crumble ground turkey and garlic into the pan and cook until turkey is about half cooked. Add grated carrots and chopped broccoli and continue to cook until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add snow peas
- Pour teriyaki sauce over cooked turkey and vegetable mixture and stir. Simmer for about five minutes to combine the flavors. Be careful on how much you add to start, it can be very sweet. We recommend adding half, tasting that bastard, and adding more if you want.
- Spoon meat over rice or noodles. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.
- Mix soy sauce, ¼ cup water, red wine vinegar, sugars, garlic and ginger in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir with a whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons warm water and cornstarch until cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Heat sauce over medium high heat. Slowly whisk in cornstarch mixture and simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Again, this sauce is just naturally sweet, so add it in the dish slowly.
Like this Ground Turkey Teriyaki Rice Bowl recipe? Check out some more beef recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose