Headed to the Great American Ballpark? Want to tailgate for the Bengals? Make a batch of this and you might just have all of those lovely Cincinnati ladies all over you.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 15-oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1. In a large skillet, cook ground beef and 1 tsp. salt over medium-high heat, breaking up beef with a spoon, until meat loses its pink color, about 8 minutes. Drain excess fat from pan.
2. Add meat to slow cooker along with 2 cups water, tomato paste, onions, garlic, chili powder, oregano, cocoa, cinnamon, allspice and cayenne pepper. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours. Add beans and cook 1 hour more, stirring in an additional 1/2 cup water if chili looks dry. Season with salt.
Here are some Cincinnati Bloopers