Guinness beer is fantastic and BBQ sauce is fantastic. You will probably not find a better sauce recipe than this right here. We don’t know if you will win BBQ championships with this sauce, but you are still a winner in your moms eyes.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 onions, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 cup Guinness beer
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 1 cup (8oz can)tomato paste
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the onion, and garlic to the saucepan and saute until they are tender and beginning to caramelize, about 8 minutes.
- Add the molasses, beer, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper and cayenne Bring to a boil. Let it cook with a low rolling boil for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally so that nothing sticks to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Stir in the tomato paste and lower the heat. Let the sauce simmer for 30 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let the sauce cool to room temperature.
- Puree in a blender until smooth.
There is a thing called the Guinness gauntlet Challenge. Here is one attempt.