- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound uncooked lean ground beef
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cut tops off peppers and discard; remove seeds. In a large saucepan, cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, 1/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce, rice, onion, salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Stuff into peppers. Place in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over peppers. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
- Optional: Sprinkle cheese on top of peppers about 5 minutes before you are going to take them out.
- Serve these tasty bastards over angel hair pasta and include a nice piece of Texas toast. A dinner for kings and a middle finger to the man.