Crock Pot Japanese Onion Soup. Simple and a tasty bastard.
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 2 Medium Celery Stalks
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Smashed
- 6 C. Reduced Sodium Fat Free Chicken Broth
- 1 Medium Onion, Wedges
- 8 Oz. Mushrooms, Sliced
- 4 Green Onions, Sliced (Optional Garnish)
- Place everything but the mushrooms and green onions into a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours or low for 4-5 hours.
- An hour before serving remove the cooked veggies from the crock pot with a slotted spoon. (You can serve these tasty veggies on the side.)
- Place the sliced mushrooms into the crock pot with the broth.
- Cover to cook for another hour or until the mushrooms are tender.
Now watch this and realize how crazy those Japanese are.