Honey Sesame Crock Pot Chicken. A little prep work and a few hours later, you have a meal that will fill your stomach and dominate your taste buds.
- 2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- salt and pepper
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup diced onion (optional)
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 6 Tablespoons water
- sesame seeds
- 3 scallions, chopped (optional)
- Lightly season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper, and place into your crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour mixture over chicken. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot, but reserve sauce in the pot. Dissolve 4 teaspoons of cornstarch in 6 tablespoons of water and pour into crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce. Replace the lid and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes or until it thickens slightly.
- Shred chicken into bite size pieces. Serve chicken over cooked rice and spoon some sauce on top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.
However, sometimes Honey is not the best.