This Sweet Potato Stew is an easy dinner to put together in a crock pot and set it all day. A delicious, hearty, and healthy sweet potato stew made in the slow cooker. It is packed with sweet potatoes, carrots, celery, corn, tomatoes, beef, and plenty of seasoning! If you have any other veggies you like, feel free to add them in.
- 3 cups (~2 potatoes) medium-sized sweet potatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 small yellow onion
- 8 ounce bag mini carrots
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn, can be fresh or canned
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, fire-roasted adds a little pizazz to it
- 1 pound beef chuck roast or stew meat, cut into cut into small chunks
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each seasoned salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf (do these do anything, we have no idea)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 beef boullion cubes
- 1 cup water
- Set up the crockpot. We always use a liner because we are lazy and cleaning it sucks.
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into bite sized chunks, about 3 cups worth.
- Add in the chopped celery, chopped onion, the bag of carrots.
- Drain the can of corn and add it in.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes. Don’t drain.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and toss in flour. Add to crockpot.
- Add in the bay leaf, minced garlic, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and fresh parsley.
- Crumble in the boullion cubes and the water.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or high for 5-7 hours or until the sweet potatoes and vegetables are tender and the meat is cooked through and tender.
- When ready to serve, remove the bay leaf.
Like this Sweet Potato Stew recipe? Check out some more beef recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!