Cheeseburger Soup is hearty and will warm you up internally. If you like a good cheesy and rich soup, you will definitely enjoy this recipe. Pretty simple to put together, just cut up some veggies, brown some meat and add in some cheese and milk. There you have it. You can also make this in a crock pot. Just add all ingredients into one and cook it on low all day. Enjoy this rich bastard!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups of Velveeta processed cheese cubed
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Brown the ground beef in 3 quart saucepan. Drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan add 1 T butter and add onion, shredded carrots, parsley flakes, basil and celery. Saute until tender.
- Add the broth, potatoes and beef and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In small skillet melt remaining butter (3 T) and add the flour. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to the soup and bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat and blend in sour cream. Don’t use too much as it can overtake the dish.
Like this Cheeseburger Soup recipe? Check out some more beef recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose