Mashed Cauliflower, Bacon and Mushroom Bowl is pretty simple to prepare and makes a tasty dish. Only really 4 main ingredients to get ready and it is a little different than your normal dish. Decently healthy and very good. I mean, who doesn’t love bacon? What about mushrooms? Love it all.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 TBSP cream cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesean cheese
- 1 1/2 cups whole baby portobello mushrooms, or one 6 oz package
- 4 cups fresh greens, arugula mix is great
- 6-8 slices of bacon
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
For the mashed cauliflower
- Steam or boil cauliflower until soft. Add to food processor.
- Add in garlic, cream cheese and parm. Blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay bacon on a rimmed, parchment lined baking sheet. Cook until crisp, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove bacon from cooking sheet and set aside to cool on a paper towel. Maybe save a little grease.
For the Mushrooms
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium low heat.
- Slice mushrooms in half and add to sauté pan.
- Cook slowly over low heat for the flavors to fully develop.
- You can add a little bacon grease for flavor
- Get a bowl
- Add mashed cauliflower, mushrooms, bacon and arugula salad.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and oil. Drizzle on salad.
Like this Mashed Cauliflower, Bacon and Mushroom Bowl recipe? Check out some more beef recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!