This Tuscan White Bean Soup recipe is vegetarian, healthy and will make you feel like climbing mountains and catching criminals on weekends by dressing up in silk pajamas and a mask. With maybe 10 minutes of prep time, basically chopping vegetables and a crock pot slow cooker, you can have a great little week night dinner. Nothing hugely spectacular about the ingredients and the way things are cooked, but it gets work done. You can add other vegetables that are not on this list like mushrooms but make sure to liberally use salt because this soup can easily turn out a little bland. If you really want to add some flavor to this, add some Italian sausage. Now lets get back to crime fighting… you will need a sweet nickname and probably a weapon of some sort because it is crazy out there on the streets.
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 cups kale
- 14oz diced tomatoes
- (2) 14oz cans white beans
- salt to taste (needs a lot of salt)
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup rice (white or wild)
- Optional: Portobello Mushrooms
- Optional: Italian Sausage
- In a crock pot, combine the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, kale, tomatoes, beans, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, lemon juice, bay leaf and vegetable stock. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours, until the vegetables are tender.
- Cook Rice and add to bowls
- Enjoy the healthiness of this soup so now you can enjoy a dessert.
Like this Tuscan White Bean Soup recipe? Check out some more soup recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!