This crock pot chicken noodle soup is hearty and comforting, yet incredibly easy to make. No need for a can full of preservatives, homemade is really where it is at and doesn’t take much longer. Don’t be lazy, take a few minutes to chop some veggies, add some spices and turn it on. Takes maybe 15 minutes. And let me tell you, this recipe is pretty damn good. You would be hard pressed to find a can that tastes this freakin’ good.
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 med to large yellow onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced into circles
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf – (optional)
- 2 tsp better than bouillon base, chicken flavor
- 8 – 9 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz. egg noodles (wide or extra wide)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker, add trimmed chicken breasts. Top with onion, carrots, celery, garlic, dried thyme, dried rosemary, salt and pepper, and bay leaf. Basically throw it all in.
- Add the bouillon chicken base over the top, then pour in chicken broth. Gently stir to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker. Shred chicken (this will not be hard, it should fall apart faster than your last relationship).
- Discard bay leaf, and return shredded chicken back to slow cooker.
- Add egg noodles, stir, then cover and cook on LOW for 10-15 minutes, until pasta is tender.
- Taste, and add salt and pepper as needed.
Like this Chicken Noodle Soup recipe? Check out some more chicken recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!