This vegetarian Portobello Pot Roast recipe goes great with some egg noodles, but some grains or rice would also work well here. We served ours up with this simple salad and some red wine. It is quick and simple to prep, easy to cook in the Instant Pot or slow cooker, and it’s full of the classic savory flavors we all enjoy. Mix the mushrooms with potatoes, carrots, pearl onions, garlic, and all of the ingredients for that classic savory gravy.This recipe might be a little on the bland side so feel free to add more spices that may enhance the dish.
- 1.25 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound baby bella mushrooms (if they are large, cut them in half)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 cups vegetable stock, divided
- 1/2 cup dry red or white wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Kosher salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- optional garnish: finely-chopped fresh parsley or other spices
- Add potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, onions, garlic, thyme, 2.5 cups vegetable stock, wine, tomato paste and worcestershire together in the bowl of a crock pot, and gently toss to combine.If you have more spices, add them now.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours, until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup vegetable stock and cornstarch until combined.
- Add to the roast mixture, and gently toss to combine.
- Continue to cook for 1-3 minutes, until the sauce thickens up a bit.
- Cook egg noodles or rice and the sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.
Like this Portobello Pot Roast recipe? Check out some more vegetarian recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!