Belgian waffles are great because you can have them for breakfast, lunch or dinner with no judgement from others. They are also an open pallet where you can really add whatever topping you choose. Normally they are served with strawberries and whip cream, but we really like adding a little syrup as well (maybe you can add chocolate or nuts). Another pro tip is to cook some bacon as well. Because let’s face it, there are not many recipes in this world that are not enhanced buy a little bit of that bacon. Either way, you will need a waffle maker for this recipe because I have no idea how to cook a waffle without one. It would basically be a flat ass pancake without one… but technically I guess it would work and still taste good. So do that at your own risk.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- whip cream
- Optional – chocolate syrup
- Preheat waffle maker
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, vanilla extract and salt until well blended and creamy.
- Add egg yolks and beat until foamy
- Stir in flour and baking powder
- Stir in milk and sparkling water
- In a different bowl (yes you will have to do multiple dishes) beat together egg whites until foamy
- fold in egg yolks into batter
- Now make some damn waffles in batches in the waffle maker
Traditionally these are served with strawberries and whip cream. You can add on some syrup and maybe even a little chocolate syrup for a super sweet treat.
Like this Belgian Waffles recipe? Check out some more breakfast recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!