Cinnamon Roll Pancakes give a new twist to your standard cinnamon roll or pancake breakfast. It is basically a new delivery method for eating cinnamon rolls. They are filled with a cinnamon swirl and topped with a smooth cream cheese frosting which makes them really damn good. Get ready for that morning sugar rush.
- 3 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk (optional)
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add the wet ingredients: buttermilk, milk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
Cinnamon Swirl Mixture:
- In a bowl add butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- You can either transfer to a zip lock bag and cut the corner off or just drizzle from the mixing bowl.
Cooking the Pancakes:
- Scoop the batter into a 4 inch pancake.
- When the batter starts to form bubbles use the Cinnamon Mixture to pipe a swirl on top of the pancake.
- Cook until the bubbles begin to pop, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes -until the underside of the pancake is a golden brown.
- Repeat for each pancake.
- Top the pancakes with the cream cheese glaze.
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- Using a small saucepan melt the butter over low heat.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the cream cheese. Whisk until almost smooth.
- Mix in the powdered sugar and then add the vanilla. Stir and set aside.
- You can add a little milk to make it as runny as you would like.
Like this Cinnamon Roll Pancakes recipe? Check out some more breakfast recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!