This mega easy burrito recipe is nice because you don’t have to slow cook anything for hours or use ingredients you don’t want. Use this recipe as a base and add what you like. The key is to use a lot of cheese because cheese is delicious and your choice of beans. Also, if you are a fan of sour cream, don’t be stingy on these. Serve with chips and a dip… maybe more cheese sauce.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 ½ cups refried beans (or 1 ½ cups drained and rinsed black beans)
- ¾ cup corn kernels
- 3 cups cooked rice (I like to use Uncle Ben’s microwaveable Ready Rice for a quick option)
- 6 large (10-inch) flour tortillas (I like to use Mission brand “burrito size” tortillas)
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese (can also use nacho cheese)
- Optional garnish: finely diced red onion; lettuce; diced tomato or salsa; sour cream; fresh cilantro; avocado or guacamole
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook beef with taco seasoning mix
- To prepare 1 burrito: spread ¼ cup beans down center of tortillas; top with ½ cup rice, add cheese, beef, 2 tablespoons corn, and ¼ cup more cheese. Yes… cheese this bitch twice.
- Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla, then roll up, burrito style. Place, seam-sides down, in prepared dish.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to prepare 4-6 total burritos depending on how much stuff you have filled them with.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes (until heated through).
Like this Mega Easy Burrito recipe? Check out some more beef recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!