A Reuben Sandwich is a staple to any respectable Irish celebration or St. Patrick’s Day feast. But the key is eating these bad boys year round because they are so delicious. I mean what more can be said about this combination and basically anything that involves corn beef. Sauerkraut does not go on many things but it simply works on this sandwich. Same with thousand island dressing and rye bread. All you need is a crock pot and a little time and a magnificent meal can be yours. Add potatoes and cabbage for some sides and you will really be cooking on the front burner.
- Rye bread
- 2-4 pound corn beef brisket in packet with spices
- Swiss cheese
- Sauerkraut, drained
- Thousand Island dressing
- Turn on crock pot, add in corn beef brisket, cover with water and cook all day on low
- Once ready for dinner, remove corn beef, scrape off fat cap and slice.
- In a skillet, put some corn beef to give a little crisp to it. Set aside.
- Butter one side of the rye bread and put thousand island on the other. Put in skillet.
- Add sauerkraut, then swiss cheese, then beef, then more cheese, and finally more sauerkraut. Top with another piece of rye bread with dressing and butter.
- Cook in skillet and flip once bread is getting crispy.
** You can add small potatoes and cabbage to the crock pot about 1 hour before removing the meat. Makes a great side!
Like this Reuben Sandwich recipe? Check out some more beef recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!