Who doesn’t love a good breakfast? Assholes… that’s who. The importance of starting your day out right is well documented and what is better than some french toast. A simple dredge and quick cooking make this recipe a must try in the mornings. Go beyond your sugary cereal and quick stop at the local McMuffin Hut and make something tasty. Everyone seems to like their french toast a little different so this is just a base recipe. You can add cinnamon sugar, syrup, powdered sugar, fruit or even cheese is your are a moron with horrible taste buds. Enjoy your Saturday morning and earn some points with the spouse and kids.
- 4 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup Milk
- 1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Loaf Texas Toast or regular bread
- Butter, for cooking
- Optional: Powdered sugar, syrup or cinnamon sugar
- Make the batter by adding the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon to a bowl and whisk together or place in a blender and blend.
- Pour the batter in a shallow dish, such as a pie pan. Heat a griddle or frying pan to medium high heat, around 350 degrees. Add a slice of Texas Toast to the pie plate and allow it to soak for 10-15 seconds on each side.
- Place the french toast on the hot griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until it is golden brown. Remove the french toast from the griddle and serve immediately, or keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- It is probably the morning so put on some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cartoons and cheer on the rad bastards to victory. If it is the evening, good for your for eating outside the box.
Like this french toast recipe? Check out some more breakfast recipes HERE.
You Made it to the end! Your reward is a link to awesome T-Shirts. HERE!