Biscuits and Gravy Casserole is great for a weekend morning. Keep in mind that this recipe calls for gravy from a packet. That is the easiest and quickest way to make gravy. You can definitely make some from scratch with flour, butter and milk. Your grandma definitely would make her own gravy so don’t let her down on this one. However, if you are in a hurry and want quick goodness, use the packet and don’t tell anyone.
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 (1 pound) breakfast pork sausage
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs eggs
- ½ cup milk
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups cold water
- 1 (1.5 ounce) package pork gravy mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Cut up biscuits into quarters and chuck those bastards in a baking dish.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; Keep the grease for the gravy.
- Scatter sausage over biscuit layer and top with 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together in a bowl and pour over cheese layer.
- Mix water (and grease) and gravy mix together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until gravy is thickened, 1 to 2 minutes, adding more water for a thinner gravy. ** Side note, yes you can make your own gravy from scratch. This is just the easiest way.
- Pour gravy over egg layer. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese over casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until egg is fluffy and cheese is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
Like this Biscuits and Gravy Casserole recipe? Check out some more breakfast recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!