Here is a nice little Chicken Sausage Rice Casserole that sounds like it won’t work but definitely does. We call it “Nate’s Dish” because it was Nate who gave it to us. Either way, give it a try and experience the craziness yourself. There is no reason that sausage, rice and chicken should go together with celery and almonds, but it works pretty well. Also, this Chicken Sausage Rice Casserole makes great leftovers. So your lazy ass gets multiple meals for one cook.
- 1lb Cubed Chicken
- 1lb Breakfast Sausage
- 1 package of lipton soup mix
- 1 cup white rice
- 3 stalks of celery (chopped)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 package slivered almonds
- Cook chicken, set that shit aside
- Cook sausage, onion, and celery
- Add chicken to sausage mixture
- Cook rice with 1 cup of water to 1 cup of rice. Add lipton mix to rice while cooking.
- Combine rice to chicken/sausage mixture
- Put in pan and top with slivered almonds
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes
- Re-read these instructions because they might be confusing as shit and most likely you are like “What? Seriously? That is going to taste like a crap sandwich.” Well… negative Nancy… it tastes great. Give it a try. You might just learn a great new recipe. Or don’t you lazy microwave dinner eating bastard. Just kidding we love you!
Like this Chicken Sausage Rice Casserole recipe? Check out more chicken recipes HERE.
Find awesome tshirts at New Moose.