Here is a simple tomato cream pasta recipe that is perfect for when you don’t have a dinner plan and don’t want to spend a lot of time or money cooking. Are we calling you lazy and cheap? Yes. Either way, cook this bastard up with some garlic bread and enjoy. Just a heads up… this makes enough for 2-3 people. If you are feeding more, double the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced (this can be cut down to 1/2 an onion if need be)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pasta (spaghetti or rigatoni are delicious but any will work)
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Add tomatoes, basil, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to boil and continue to boil 5 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Remove from heat; stir in whipping cream and butter. Reduce heat and simmer 5 more minutes.
Optional – if you like less chunky soups, use a blender to smooth it out.