This recipe for the best slow cooker Ham and Beans is creamy and delicious. Great for leftover ham, just add veggies broth and seasonings. It is mandatory that you make cornbread or cornbread muffins with this meal. If you want to add butter and strawberry jam to them, even better. It gives a nice sweet taste in between bites if the creamy soup and will take it up a few notches on the taste scale.
** Make sure to soak bean overnight so you are ready for the next day**
- 20 oz. pkg. Great Northern Beans (make sure to soak beans overnight)
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 boxes of cornbread mix
- salt to taste
- Place the beans in a colander and sort out any debris, rinse beans in cold water and add to the slow cooker. This is easy after they have been soaking overnight.
- Add the ham, onion, carrots, celery, thyme, pepper and chicken broth, stir.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6-7 hours. Try not to open the lid a lot.
- Add salt to taste.
- Make cornbread because you don’t want to be a dumbass and miss out on the extra flavor of the meal.
Like this easy Vegetable Barley Soup recipe? Check out some more soup recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!