This baked potato soup recipe is perfect for those chilly days where if you step outside and the wind blows right through your butthole and out your nose. If you spit it would be ice by the time is hit the ground. You would go shovel off the driveway but the damn weatherman is calling for another 8 inches of snow so why bother with it… That is the bone chilling cold that is the perfect setting for a warm delicious soup. All you need is some potatoes and whatever topping your prefer. Obviously if you want this recipe to be vegetarian, leave off the bacon. That being said if you decide to skip the bacon you are an idiot. At least find some substitute bacon product to see if it works beacause all soup could use a little crunch on top.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 6 cups 2 percent low-fat milk, heated
- 5 ounces sharp Cheddar
- 1 cup Sour cream
- Salt and pepper
Optional Toppings (you should use all these)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions (Chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Pierce potatoes several times with a fork; place on a baking sheet. Bake until tender, 65-75 minutes. Cool completely. ** Potatoes can also be cooked in the microwave using the potato button**
- Peel and cube potatoes. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in potatoes; heat through.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream
- Add toppings as you see fit but definitely recommend cheese, green onions and bacon
Like this Baked Potato Soup recipe? Check out some more soup recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!