Cauliflower Sausage Kale Soup recipe for those cold evenings when you want something a little different that a canned gross soup. Don’t be scared of cauliflower… it is healthy but it is also pretty tasty. And let’s be honest, when you add half and half to anything, it is going to taste good. Plus Italian sausage and bacon can’t go wrong. Make sure to serve it with some crusty bread. ANd if you like your farts to hurt, get spicy sausage.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. mild Italian sausage (get spicy for farts that hurt)
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups cauliflower florets, about 1 1/4 pounds
- 1 (32 oz.) carton chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 cups chopped curly kale
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- Red pepper flakes, for serving, optional for spicy farts
- In a large soup pot heat olive oil over medium heat, add sausage and bacon. Cook until sausage is browned and bacon is crisp
- Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of grease.
- Add onions and cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add cauliflower and chicken broth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Puree the soup until smooth in either a high-powered blender or with an immersion blender.
- Add half and half and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Stir in sausage, bacon, and kale. Simmer until kale is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Taste the soup for salt… serve with bread.
Like this Cauliflower Sausage Kale Soup recipe? Check out some more soup recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!