This Broccoli Cheese Soup is rich and creamy and will warm your cold black heart into a loving kind one. It is comfort food at its finest. Serve with some crusty bread and you have yourself a nice little meal. The nice thing about this recipe is that you can make it in a crockpot as well. Just set it and forget it. Well don’t forget it, keep an eye out or something. Besides that, enjoy this soupy bastard with a sandwich!
- 4 cups broccoli diced small
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup celery diced small
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- Cut the broccoli into small bite size pieces and place the broccoli, butter, onion, celery and minced garlic in a pot (or a crockpot).
- Mix the chicken broth with the cornstarch and stir this mixture into the pot.
- Cover and cook on low-med for around 30 minutes.
- After this cooking time, stir in the cream and the shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook more for 30 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with crusty bread, a sandwich or salad.
Like this Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe? Check out some more soup recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose