Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie is very easy to make so don’t be shamed if you make it one day, eat the shit out of it and then make another a few days later. It is ok, you are still a good person and we can still be friends. Just maybe do something active for a few minutes a day if you eat this much cream cheese. Either way, it is inspired by the traditional Mexican dessert. The crunchy top is badass and the creamy filling is sweet as hell. Enjoy this sweet bastard!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¾ cups white sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup honey (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Beat the cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar and the vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth.
- Unroll the cans of crescent roll dough, and use a rolling pin to shape each piece into 9×13 inch rectangles. Press one piece into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture into the baking dish, then cover with the remaining piece of crescent dough.
- Melt butter
- Stir together 3/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon
- spread butter over top then sprinkle cinnamon sugar
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crescent dough has puffed and turned golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with honey. This step is optional.
- Cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.
Like this Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie recipe? Check out some more dessert recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose