Carrot Cake is hearty, spicy and flavorful. And the best part… it’s topped with cream cheese frosting, which makes life better. This straightforward, easy carrot cake recipe comes together quickly and you get a moist, flavorful result. You can ice your cake simply and call it a day, or creatively decorate your cake with candied carrot peel. Personally, we don’t like raisins in our carrot cake, so they are omitted. If it is simply not carrot cake without raisins for you, then add ½ cup during the same time that you add the nuts.
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1.5 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp Ginger powder
- 1.5 cups Carrots Shredded
- 1/4 cup Walnuts Finely chopped, Coated in flour to prevent sinking
Cream cheese icing:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare the cake pan : grease and flour the shit out of them, and line the bottoms of the pans with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger.
- In another large mixing bowl, add eggs, oil, vanilla extract, sugar and mix until smooth. Keep aside.
- Dump this dry mixture into the wet mixture, along with the carrots and mix until just combined.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter in a greased cake pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- While the cake cools, prepare the cream cheese icing.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter.
- Add vanilla extract and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, cornstarch and meringue powder.
- Start adding this sugar mixture (1/2 cup at a time) into the wet mixture, while continuing to mix until all the sugar is incorporated.
- Once the cake is cooled completely, spread frosting on top.
- Let it set in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Like this Carrot Cake Dessert recipe? Check out some more dessert recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!