Beef enchiladas are simple and quick. Ground beef and onion are wrapped in flour tortillas, topped with Cheddar cheese and black olives, then baked. This is also great with leftover chicken, shredded beef or turkey. Serve with a green salad or beans and rice. A very delicious meal for a weeknight! The best thing about this recipe is that it is wonderfully simple and easy. It being such a basic recipe means that you can make it as directed or add on to the ingredients to get even more satisfying results. Peppers, mushrooms, veggies, etc…
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 5 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium skillet over medium high heat, cook the ground beef
- When almost done add in garlic and onion until beef is evenly browned and onion is tender.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the enchiladas sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Put a little on the bottom of the dish as well.
- On each flour tortilla, place an equal portion of the ground beef mixture and about 1 ounce of Cheddar cheese, reserving at least 1/2 cup of cheese. Then tightly roll the tortillas and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and olives.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and cheese is thoroughly melted.
Like this Three Packet Crock Pot Roast recipe? Check out some more beef recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!