Salted Caramel Brownies are the reason to get up and go through your day. They are the reward of a job well done. Imagine an amazingly thick, dense, fudgy, rich, beautifully underbaked brownie. Now imagine it topped and filled with soft caramel. Not like a sickly-sweet caramel. A just-right, flavor-rich, soft, silky caramel that makes your glutes tighten and smile appear…. That you made yourself, cause you’re a badass. It screams for a glass of milk or a latte, complete with candles and a long nap by the fire.
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 1/2 sticks, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups soft caramel candy
- 1 ½ cups soft caramel candy
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease an 8×8-inch (20×20-cm) baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Make the brownies: in a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla extract.
- Whisk until thoroughly combined. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt, and fold to incorporate. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour half of the batter into the baking pan and spread to cover the bottom. Arrange the caramel candies in a single layer over the batter.
- Pour the rest of the batter over the caramel candies and spread to cover.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until center is cooked through. Remove the brownies from the oven and let cool.
- Make the topping: combine the caramel candies and heavy cream in a medium heat-proof bowl. Microwave for 1 minute in 30-second intervals, stirring between each until the mixture is thick and velvety.
- Pour the caramel topping over the brownies. Let set for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Like this Salted Caramel Brownies Dessert recipe? Check out some more dessert recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!