Cauliflower Buffalo Wings are a healthy substitute for your regular chicken wings. Same great taste but is meatless and healthier for your body. Don’t turn your nose up just yet because you can make some better choices with your food. So let’s keep it real… Cauliflower is not meat and will never be meat. You will not be able to fool anyone into thinking they are chicken wings. End of story. But you probably already knew that. That being said, these baked cauliflower wings are delicious in their own right and are a great way to eat a little healthier. These plant-based wings are definitely worth a shot, even if for no other reason than to be able to say you’ve tried them and most likely enjoyed them.
For The Wings
- 1/2 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
For The Sauce
- 6 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce (Frank’s is the brand used in Buffalo)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Celery for serving
- Ranch dressing for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Line a large baking dish with parchment or foil.
- Toss florets with oil.
- Toss with the flour and spices until evenly coated.
- Finely crush the breadcrumbs and add them to the milk and then coat the cauliflower.
- Arrange in one layer in the baking pan. Bake on the center rack 25 minutes.
- While the wings are baking, mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a pan, and over low heat bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and then turn off.
- Coat florets in sauce and ake another 15 minutes.
- Finally, Broil for up to 5 minutes, watching so it does not burn.
- Serve with ranch dressing and celery.
Like this Vegetarian Cauliflower Buffalo Wings recipe? Check out some more sauce recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!