These cream cheese brownies are rich and fudgy with a swirl of cheesecake. The deliciousness of the cheesecake layer balances out the extra chocolate flavored brownies, making these the perfect decadent brownie recipe. You combine 2 awesome desserts in one: chocolate brownies and cheesecake. The final product is a brownie that’s extra decadent, and tanginess of the cream cheese creates the perfect balance of flavors. They’re the type brownie that’s just a little extra special, and the super cool swirls on top makes them decadent looking too. We used red coloring to enhance the look but white is perfectly fine.
For the Brownie Layer
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 oz dark chocolate
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs**
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour , spooned & leveled
For the Cheesecake Layer
- 8 oz cream cheese (bring to room temp first)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line an 8×8 inch metal pan with parchment paper, or aluminum foil and lightly grease.
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt together the butter and dark chocolate in short 30 second bursts, stirring between each until entirely melted together. Don’t get too hot.
- Whisk in the sugar.
- Cool for 3-5 minutes, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract. If you put the eggs in too fast and the chocolate is too hot, it will scramble the eggs.
- Gently fold in the flour and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth with no lumps.
- Beat in the egg until just incorporated.
Swirling & Baking
- Reserve 1/2 cup of brownie batter.
- Spoon the rest of the brownie batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the brownie layer.
- Drop small spoonfulls of the reserved brownie batter on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Using a toothpick or sharp, thin knife – swirl the batter. Make this shit look cool.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the center looks set and an inserted toothpick comes out clean or with just a few damp crumbs.
- Cool fully, then cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve remove from the fridge and lift the brownies out of the pan using the overhang from the aluminium foil. Cut into squares using a sharp knife.
Like this Cream Cheese Brownies Dessert recipe? Check out some more dessert recipes HERE.
Want some awesome T-shirts? Check Out NEW Moose!